- Rick Lee
Rick Lee's two children dominate his life – leading him on a never ending journey to baseball fields, basketball courts, soccer pitches, school auditoriums, and fishing holes. In his spare time, he tries, generally unsuccessfully, to play tennis.
- Rick joined the firm as an associate in 1986 and became a partner in 1991. Prior to Bodyfelt Mount LLP, he was an associate at Velure & Bruce in Eugene, Oregon for two years before moving to Portland. Rick practices general civil litigation, with an emphasis on products liability, environmental law, toxic tort, insurance coverage, and professional liability.
Rick spent six weeks in trial on one of the five environmental coverage cases that went to trial in Oregon. In 2009, Rick tried one of the few construction defect cases to be tried in Oregon, which was also a six week trial. Rick tried a three week product liability "repetitive motion” trial in Seattle, WA.
U.S. District Court, District of Oregon
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- J.D., University Oregon School of Law, 1984, Order of the Coif
B.A. (American History), Grinnell College, 1981
Professional & Community Activities
- American Bar Association
Clark County Bar Association
Multnomah Bar Association
Oregon Association of Defense Counsel
Washington Defense Trial Lawyers
- Rick has taken part and held positions in many organizations including: Hollyrood School Foundation (2005-2007); Vice Chair of Oregon Association of Defense Counsel Coverage Practice Group (1996-2001); Oregon State Board of Bar Examiners (1995-1998 and Chair, 1997-1998)); Member of Federal Practice & Procedure Committee (1995-1997); Member of Joint Council on Legal Assistants (1991-1993); and Session Elder, First Presbyterian Church (2010-present).
- Rick has a frequent speaking history for the Oregon Association of Defense Counsel (1998, 1997, 1995, 1993). He has spoken twice for Bad Faith Litigation in Oregon (1997, 1995); and at the Oregon Law Institute (1994). Rick co-authored Insurance (Ch. 4, Necessity of an Insurable Interest, 2003, 1996); co-edited Damages (2007, 2002, 1998); and authored Pleading and Practice, (Ch. 41, Post-Trial Matters, 1998, 1994).
- Rick has been an Oregon Super Lawyer from 2007 to the present. He also serves regularly
as arbitrator on non-court mandated cases.